BAE Systems is seeking an IT Intern to support the Air Force Solutions, Strategic Systems, Information Services team. The selected applicant will join the IS team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, which will help drive productivity and innovation. This position provides an ideal platform, based on the performance of the candidate, to launch a long term career within a rapidly growing company. The candidate will work directly with customers on our IT Service Desk as well as work on a variety of other IT projects.
Some examples of projects include:
- Setup and administer user accounts within various systems.
- Learn various systems and applications and assist in the training of end users
- Analyze and document processes and procedures within the service desk.
- Assist users with building JIRA filters and dashboards.
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Required education: High School/GED
Successful applicants should be a Junior/Senior college student with the following characteristics:
- Strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- Can quickly learn new technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, identifying and solving issues.
- The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance.
- Prior experience working in an IT department. Help desk, desktop support, IT Call Center or customer support experience a plus.
- Ability to review, analyze, document and explain technical systems or data.